- In Layout mode, choose Insert menu > Picture.
- In the dialog box, for Files of type (Windows) or Show (Mac OS), choose a graphic file type.
- Navigate to the graphic file.
- Make sure you deselect the Store only a reference to the file checkbox at the bottom of the dialog. This will permanently embed the file in to the layout rather than linking it.
- Select the file and click Open, or double-click the filename. The graphic appears in the document.
- Position and size the graphic on the layout as needed using the Inspector palette Position tab and the Data formatting options on the Data tab.