You can designate Gmail as your default mailto handler. This means that when you click on any hyperlinked email address, a Gmail compose window will open so you can send a message to that address from Gmail.
- Download the Gmail Notifier.
- Right-click the Notifier icon in your system tray, and select Options.
- Check the box next to Use Gmail for internet mailto: links.
- Click OK.
If you decide later that you don't want to use Gmail as your default email application, simply uncheck the box.
- Download the Google Notifier.
- Open the Notifier.
- Click the Mail icon on the Menu bar and go to Preferences...
- Select the Gmail tab and choose Gmail as the program from the Compose mail in drop-down menu.