On some Windows computers, users experience intermittent problems loading their Dashboard and Schedule view.
The problem has been linked to port 9000. If this port is occupied Briefcase will be unable to load these views.
Here are the steps to identify the PID occupying port 9000 and how to end the process.
- Open command prompt by clicking the start menu and entering cmd in the address bar
- Type netstat -a -n -o
- Search the list for any address using port 9000 and take note of the PID
- Open task manager by pressing crtl + alt + delete
- Click the Processes tab, ensure the show all users processes checkbox is selected
- From the view menu select 'Show Columns...' and select PID from the list
- Find the PID and end the process
- Restart FileMaker Pro, the problem should be resolved.
Important: Some malware camouflages itself as aeagent.exe, particularly when located in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder. Therefore, you should check the aeagent.exe process on your PC to see if it is a threat.