To export a list of contacts from Briefcase, follow this guide:
- Navigate to the Companies tab.
- Ensure you are on the 'Companies' view. If you are on the ‘Contacts’ view, click the company icon in the top right corner to display companies.
- Ensure you have all Company records visible, or if you want to export details for only a particular Company or by some other column value—for example the city or state—use 'Find Mode' or the Kind filter to filter the records as required.*
- From the menu, go to File > Export Records.
- In the resulting dialog, enter a file name and change the Type as required, e.g. Excel format. Click 'Save.'
- Depending on the format chosen, an additional dialog providing options for the file format may appear. Enter details as required, or 'Continue' to skip.
- In the final dialog, follow these steps using the animation as a guide:
- Change the 'Current Table' in the drop-down menu to 'Companies.'
- From the list, select 'Company' and then click Move.
- Change the 'Current Table' again, this time selecting 'Companies to Contacts.'
- Select the desired fields, e.g. '::Name', '::Role', '::Telephone', '::Email'.
- Ensure the 'Group By' section has no checkboxes checked.
- Click Export.
The file of exported contacts will now be saved to the previously selected location, and will look similar to this:
* For further information on finding records, see the following article: http://support.getbriefcase.net/hc/en-us/articles/205643535-Finding-Records